Data Science Manager - Flexibility Optimization
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsProduct
We are Dexter Energy! We are an Amsterdam-based scale-up that’s building AI-based forecasting and optimization products to help renewable energy companies become more predictable and profitable, whilst helping push fossil fuels out of the market and speeding up the energy transition. Our mission is to enable a sustainable and affordable power system. Every day we prove that our solutions have a massive positive impact on climate change.
Power up our team
We are on the lookout for a Data Science Manager with high emotional intelligence who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will be kickstarting a new and highly specialised team, hiring data scientists, quantitative trade analysts and machine learning engineers, and will build cutting edge optimisation products that will transform the industry.
It’s time to amp up your career
As a Data Science Manager of the Flexibility Optimisation team, you will have an impact on the reliability and efficiency of the power grid by building a product that optimises Flexible Assets (such as batteries) across short term power markets. To do so your team of will leverage cutting-edge price forecasting and mathematical optimisation. Flexibility will play a crucial role in ensuring a reliable and stable energy supply, especially as Europe invests heavily in batteries as a key storage solution. Our goals is to make our Flex Optimisation product the go-to product for energy companies in Europe.
What you will be doing:
- Take the helm in hiring, staffing, and performance management within your team.
- Foster a high-performance culture and streamline efficient processes.
- Ensuring timely project delivery by effectively allocating resources and managing workloads
- Drive innovation in the forecasting and optimisation domain.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, such as our Trade Optimisation, API Platform, ML Platform, Commercial, and Management teams.
This role is Watt you've been looking for!
Why should you consider this opportunity
- Opportunity to work on the fastest growing solution in a rapidly growing power trading market
- Opportunity to pioneer and build a product from the ground up
- Ability to hire and grow team of the brightest, highly specialized domain experts, quant developers and data scientists
Our salary is in the top 30% of the market
We offer a NS Business card or a Swapfiets
We offer a personal Learning & Development budget and every last Friday of the month we have a Learning & Development Day
A healthy working environment, where we put trust in our fellow Dexterians. With this trust comes the flexibility to do your job how you see fit and in our setting, there’s plenty of room for your ideas and wishes
Keep the energy flowing
To be successful in this role, you'll at least need:
- At least 2 years of people management experience, including hiring and performance management.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a hands-on Senior Data Scientist in a mature machine learning commercial environment.
- The technical skills required are a mix of time series forecasting and optimization (operations research)
- A master’s degree or PhD in a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.
- A strong technical background, with extensive knowledge of ML algorithms and their application to real-world problems, including time series forecasting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proficiency in English.
- Self-organized and able to work independently, while collaborating proactively with others.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience in short term power trading or flexibility optimization is a plus.
If you're ready to power up your career and take on a role that's both challenging and rewarding, we want to hear from you. Don't miss out on the chance to be a part of something truly purposeful.
Dexter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.