Data Engineer - Meteorology
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsProduct
We are Dexter Energy! We are an Amsterdam-based scale-up that’s building AI-based forecasting and optimization products to help renewable energy companies become more predictable and profitable, helping push fossil fuels out of the market, and speeding up the energy transition. Our mission is to enable a sustainable and affordable power system that changes the energy market. We truly believe we can make a significant impact on climate change.
Power up our team
This position will be part of the product team within the R&D Department, working closely with Giuseppe Procaccianti (Data Science Manager) and Fons de Leeuw (Lead Meteorological Engineer).
It’s time to amp up your career!
As a Data Engineer in the Meteorology team, you'll be at the forefront of our mission of making our forecasting & trading products more precise. You'll drive the effective use of meteorological data, enhancing the precision and optimisation of our renewable energy solutions. You'll work alongside meteorology and data science experts, securing the reliability and significance of our meteorological data sources.
What you will be doing
Work on our in-house cutting-edge weather data library based on TileDB
Improve the high-performance data processing codebase to keep it in line with best practices and improve usability using libraries such as numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, xarray, polars, orchestration and scheduling tools such as Airflow, kubernetes
Research and test new data sources
This role is Watt you've been looking for!
Get proficient with environmental datasets like NWP model and climate data, remote sensing and observational datasets
Learn about meteorological data tooling like xarray, NetCDF, GRIB file format
Become a pro in Google Cloud Platform, Gitlab, continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
Why should you consider this opportunity
Our salary is in the top 30% of the market
We offer a NS Business card or a Swapfiets
We offer a personal Learning & Development budget and every last Friday of the month we have a Learning & Development Day
A healthy working environment, where we put trust in our fellow Dexterians. With this trust comes the flexibility to do your job how you see fit and in our setting, there’s plenty of room for your ideas and wishes
Keep the energy flowing
To be successful in this role, you'll at least need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience working in a professional data engineering or software engineering environment. This experience should involve data-related tasks and responsibilities.
- Proficiency in at least a portion of the Python data and machine learning ecosystem. This might include libraries and frameworks such as NumPy, pandas, pyarrow, scipy, depending on the specific requirements of the role.
- Strong software engineering and problem-solving skills. Being part of our team requires a robust understanding of software engineering principles for creating efficient, scalable, and maintainable systems.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and processing array data. Our meteo data is represented using multi-dimensional arrays, and we need to adopt the best algorithms and abstractions to efficiently process the terabytes of data we ingest.
Join Dexter Energy as a Meteorological Data Engineer, where you'll harness the power of data to drive the renewable energy revolution.
Apply now and be part of an inclusive, innovative team that is shaping the future of sustainable energy.
Dexter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.